Friday, April 18, 2008

Sheet rock will not hold you


Last Saturday (April 12th), I was up in the attic putting some stuff away. I saw something unusual in the framing over the portion of the attic that has no decking. I went to investigate, lost my balance, and fell through, feet first, into the kitchen. I hit the sink first, then fell onto the floor. Everyone else was outside at the time. I collected myself and went outside to find Sheri. Later on, we went to a 24 hour clinic that declared my right elbow broken (fortunately, I am left-handed). The big issue was that I was scheduled to lead worship and preach the next day. Pastor Ralph (the senior rev.) was out of town. So I HAD to be ready. We made some modifications and with a lot of lay assistance, two worship services were conducted successfully.
I saw an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday. We took some better x-rays and found a very small crack in one of the bones in my elbow. No surgery. No cast. Thank God! Pain has subsided and flexibility and range of motion is improving. I follow up in two weeks

No comments: