Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

In preparation for Halloween, we did (for the first time, mind you) the carve the pumpkin thing. It was the usual messy experience of digging all the guts out. Sorry, but I don't have a photo of the finished product. But here it is in production:


Abby planned to be a fairy witch (you will have to have her explain it) and Emma was to be Batgirl. And after the long wait, we finally got to wear them - a lot. Because the girls' classes were having Halloween parties, they wore their costumes to school. And then that evening, we did the traditional walk around the neighborhood and collect candy. After trick or treating for awhile, Abby said, "My bucket's getting heavy." Which was a perfect lead in for me to say, "Well, then I guess it's time to go home." And believe it or not, they bought it!











They are now old enough to really understand and have fun with the holiday - just like I did as a kid.

No comments: