Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

There is a thing going around Facebook asking people to post 25 random things about themselves and then sending it to 25 friends asking them to do the same - a viral get-to-know-yah. So, I played along and did it. I haven't posted on this blog in awhile, so I thought I might post those 25 random things here as well:

#1 Until I moved to Texas, I lived my entire life 100 miles or less from the Mississippi River.
#2 I think Dark Chocolate M&M's chased by Diet Coke is an awesome flavor combination.
#3 I am an organization freak - so Aristotelian - and yet I am very left-handed.
#4 My wonderful wife Sheri is left-handed as well, yet both our daughters are right-handed.
#5 Since our first date fourteen years ago, my wife has changed me in so many ways...for the better.
#6 I have a passion for architecture - particularly church and sacred space architecture.
#7 I wish I took more time to read books for pleasure. I seem to only read professionally.
#8 For a very short time right after graduation from college, I was a stock broker. I left the firm before the SEC shut them down. It was totally like the movie "Boiler Room."
#9 I think a bowl of vanilla ice cream an hour before bed completes the day in a holistic way.
#10 I am a native of St. Louis and will always consider it home. For those of you from St. Louis, you understand. For those of you not from St. Louis, you never will.
#11 That said, I enjoy living in Houston. The weather is awesome if you like summer. And summer is my absolute favorite season of the year.
#12 I have the privilege of getting to study and proclaim Christ crucified as a full-time vocation.
#13 My most challenging, andat the same time, most fulfilling and pleasing vocations are "husband" and "father."
#15 I have a difficult time staying awake past 10 pm. I am so a morning person.
#16 I have never been to California.
#17 Aircraft and spacecraft have always facinated me. And look where God has placed me! I actually have rocket scientists and engineers in my parish - a lot of them!
#18 I had 8 wisdom teeth. All have been removed. What does this mean?
#19 Politically Incorrect item about me: I am of 100% German descent and the sixth generation in my family to be born on U.S. soil. Yet I cannot publicly celebrate my German heritage (except in Lutheran circles) because of what one raving lunatic did in the middle of the 20th century before I was born. There are centuries and centuries of German history besides the Nazi years. But German=Nazi is all the politically correct world knows That irks me.
#20 My daughters often teach me something new every day.
#21 I wish my garage was better organized. (see #3)
#22 I am quite proud to be a member of Generation X.
#23 The second piece of pizza is always the best one for me.
#24 I used to be involved in competitive cycling - road for Mizzou's bicycle club. Seminary killed that. I have pledged to get back on the bike this year. So far, sorta good.
#25 Wine is my favorite form of alcoholic drink.

I just noticed I skipped #14.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually, people skip #13. I am glad to see that you are not afraid of that number.