Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas celebrations at the Petering house were pretty low key. We had to work opening gifts and eating dinner around a lot of worship services.
I had not been feeling well starting already on the 23rd. But pressed through - leading 3 worship services on the 24th. Sheri and Emma got sick the evening of the 24th. On the afternoon of the 25th, I started having the "runs" big time. Sheri recovered quickly, Emma took about another day. But my "runs" problem didn't really let up until the early morning of the 27th. I was borderline serious dehydration. Double doses of Imodium AD finally stopped things. So all in all, we would just like to forget this Christmas. I know it sounds pretty bad. But that's how we feel.
Anyway, we postponed our planned "Christmas Dinner" to New Year's Day - when we could all really enjoy it. And we did. (Except for Missuri's dismal performance against Navy in the Texas Bowl. I'm glad I didn't get tickets.)
A happy, healthy!, and blessed New Year to all of you.

No comments: