Friday, January 23, 2009

Gettin' Back on the Horse

In my high school, college, and single days, I rode my road bike - a lot. I was involved in competitive cycling - racing in a few races - riding with Mizzou's cycling team. But the time pressure of marriage, work, etc slowly ended my riding. Seminary absolutely killed it. Yet this year, I have resolved to get back on the bike - primarily for health reasons: physical and mental. I cleaned up my bike, put new tires on her, got some new gear, and today, on this most gorgeous day (78 degrees), I rode.
My body quickly remembered position, form, and spin. And then my body quickly remembered that I haven't done this in a loooong time. I didn't ride too far - didn't want to overdo it. But I know that I will be a hurtin' unit tomorrow. But I plan to stick with it.
Everyone: keep my accountable!

No comments: