Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vacation, Phase II

Early on the morning of December 30th, (yeah, I'm behind on the blog) we journeyed from Jackson, TN to Kirkwood, MO - the suburb of St. Louis my parents call home and where I was born and raised. We arrived around noon and ate a big meal with my parents and my sister, her husband, and their two boys who were in town from Charlotte, NC. We had not seen Nancy and her family for over two years, so this was a rare (and short) treat. We opened gifts, and then spent the afternoon together. Nancy and I coordinated our gifts. We got Mom a digital camera and Dad a turntable that he can plug into his computer in order to make mp3's of his old vinyl collection. That evening, we went to have family pictures taken (notice a trend here?). After the photo session, the Pezolds left for Belleville, IL on the other side of the river where EJ's sister lives. They spent the night there and headed off to NC the next morning. On the 31st, I went with Mom and Dad to purchase a new flatscreen TV and a dvd player that will upscale dvd's to near HD quality. I spend the rest of the afternoon installing their new equipment. We attended church with my parents for New Year's Eve. Then they went off to a party and Sheri, the girls, and I went back to the house. Isn't that just backwards! But, that's the way it is when you have kids. So, during this trip, we brought my parents into the 21st century. We left to begin our trip home on the 2nd.

No comments: