Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dude, "I got a Dell!"


Yesterday, it arrived - my new Dell Inspiron 1525. Now, some of you might be asking, "Jon, why do you need a laptop? You already have a computer!" And my answer is, well, for several reasons. First, I have discovered that I spend way too much time in my office. Jesus said, "Go make disciples of all nations" not "Get your Master of Divinity degree and sit in your ivory tower." So, the laptop will be a tool for me to get out of the tower. So my plan is to spend at least a half to one day out of the office in the community. I can get out there and at the same time, continue my work on sermons, blogs, newsletter articles, confirmation, and the like. The Biblical image here is Paul out talking and discussing in the marketplace or the forum. Second, a laptop allows me to continue work from home without the mess of transferring or emailing files. Third, it will be great for travel. Fourth, I got a really, really, REALLY great price. I paid less for this computer than for our desktop at home.
For you tech types, here are my stats:
Intel Pentium Dual Core T2370 (1.73 Ghz, 1M L2 cache), 3GB RAM, 250G Hard drive, 8x DVD +/- RW dual layer Optical Drive, Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini Card, Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module, Integrated 10/100 Network card, Microsoft Vista Premium SP1.
And, I wrote this post from the laptop via wireless internet at home (our DSL box projects WIFI) In a nutshell, "It's so cool!"

No comments: